Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pleiads and Venus

A storm of some kind is rolling in. Kirk, Einstein,and Scout spent another beautiful night indoors. I got to 'plan' some kind of routine which not really plan, but at least set up to go out even when I don't feel like it. These past two days I have not done my deck routine with my music. I should of at least gone out with my scopes and really put them to work. I should make them clock in. Just kidding. Pay for the space they're taking up in the house. Ah! No, but I really need to start bringing at least Kirk out every night. Tomorrow, or sometime this week I will post pictures of them all. They are all worth it scopes.Kirk never wants to do what I want him to do. Pretty much why I named him Kirk in the first place. He seems to not want to run his GOTO control. Which is sad. I'll program it properly I hope soon. I just have to do some reading on it.

Oh, yeah, the reason I went on to post is that I was outside cause  I had to see the conjunction of Venus and the Pleiads (M35 I believe, may wish to check that out later). I once read a Sky&Telescope article which said that astronomers don't like using their names they prefer to use their designations. If I remember correctly they compared it to diners who have code words for when people order their food. Which means I'll also be focusing on learning their M names. I'll post that for later especially if I can find it. Not sure that I can so NO promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meteorites